Monday, June 22, 2009

Meddling with backgrounds

I'm going to preface by saying that I really haven't attempted working with backgrounds before, but I got inspired to whip up something simple in Photoshop after having read through Hans Bacher's Dream Worlds. Here's the final along with a couple of thumbnail sketches.


This one is just a quick sketch from a photograph with some shapes and colours blocked in.

I was getting bored of the old blog template, so I figured I'd update it. Let me know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. real sharp, dude. Great work. The colours set a great mood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work man. The mood is very thick. Where's the dude playing ear-shattering guitar on the cliff to a horde of magma trolls. kidding.

    I've been looking through Hans Bachers stuff for the past few days it is very inspiring. keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finished one turned out really nice, but I really like that bottom desert one too, would be cool to see that one developed some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you are doing. I like the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap man, the mood is terrific, nice work on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great backgrounds, Justin. The desert bottom one is my favorite. Very evocative and it's a better view than what I have from my window lol.

    ReplyDelete